DELIVERING STORIES THAT GET THE HEADLINES
Run by former journalists, these sessions are designed to equip future company spokespeople with the skills, techniques and confidence to deal with the toughest of media interviews.
Specifically the sessions will help attendees to understand when it is appropriate to ‘promote’ – to maximise a positive opportunity for press coverage – and when it is more applicable to ‘protect’ by understanding when and how to bridge away from tricky questions; and to have the techniques in place to do both.
The workshop helps spokespeople to prepare for, deliver and review and improve their interview performance.
• How the media works, including the varying roles of journalists.
• The dos and don’ts of media interviews – techniques that work.
• Building working relationships with influential journalists.
• The rules of engagement and barriers to goodwill.
• How to achieve a win: win for spokesperson and interviewer.
• Role play exercises with mock interviews where video is used for coaching.