The ability to present can often be the difference between winning and losing. With organisations striving to find ways to differentiate, it can often be the quality of your people that demonstrates that difference. And that quality can sometimes only be on show when they are presenting at a conference, a seminar, a pitch, or indeed even at a client meeting. The ability to present compelling content with impact has never been as important.
To equip the delegates with the confidence, skills and techniques to deliver impactful and memorable presentations. They will leave the session with a clear understanding of their personal presentation strengths and how to overcome their weaknesses.
Content of the course
Workshops include the following content:
- The objectives, hopes and fears of presenting
- Three minutes of fame (videoed presentations with critique)
- What makes a good presenter?
- How to structure a high-impact presentation
- Telling the ‘story’ and delivering key messages
- Understanding and connecting with your audience
- ‘You the performer’ – using words, tone and body language effectively
- Effective preparation and practice
- Nerves and how to deal with them
- The use of visual aids
- Managing questions and answers, demonstrating knowledge and thinking on your feet
- Ten minute presentations (videoed) plus critique and personal development plan.
Delegates are then sent a personal e-mail highlighting strengths and areas for improvement, and are specifically asked to practise the areas for improvement; this e-mail is accompanied by a copy of the DVD to help them identify their own areas to work on. For some delegates we can arrange a follow-up session 2 to 3 weeks later, designed specifically to identify and measure actual improvements. Again, each delegate will present twice and be critiqued by the coach, peers and by video playback.
Who should attend
Anyone who needs to present
Amber trainers are all specialist presentation coaches with over 30 years’ experience working with clients including Accenture, HP, Honeywell, Norton Rose Fullbright and Government organisations. All delegates receive a copy of the book ” The Little Black Book of Presentation Secrets” authored by The Amber Group.